Talk about everything NOT related to Phreaking or the bellow categories
Forum rules
footprince
Loyal
Loyal

Solar Powered Gadgets

Postby footprince » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:32 pm

So...
When I was a little tacker I stol-... BORROWED some garden solar lights from a friend up the street to power my Gameboy back in the day. They are very simple but handy, especially in gadgets that are fairly tolerant in the way of supply voltage. I attached the panel in parallel to the 2x 1.2V NiCd batteries and left it all upside down on the window sill, thrashing it after school. Saved the old man oodles in batteries. ANYWAY...

Currently I'm working on a solar powered phone charger with usb output (4.8V @ 2.4Ah) so as to be universal to 90% of phones, with adapters. Has anyone else played around with these for fun? This charger will make sure I never get a flat phone camera, when urbexing. Will post pictures of final product after design completed.

Freak
Donater
Donater

Re: Solar Powered Gadgets

Postby Freak » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 pm

they have these already :P

footprince
Loyal
Loyal

Postby footprince » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 pm

I don't have one. And I'm not buying one if I have all the shit in my electronics box.

Timon

Postby Timon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Shack power, 40watt solar panel, 7amp battery (soon to be 17 amp battery connected to the 7 amp battery for max power capacity lol) solar regulator, fridge, cctv, dvd player, cb, handheld charger, etc etc lights etc etc

Image Image

Image Image

footprince
Loyal
Loyal

Postby footprince » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 am

Awesome, just keep adding ya batteries in parallel. What was the regulator worth?

Nick
Respected
Respected

Postby Nick » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Did not now you explored.

Essentially, buy one of those cheap $2 USB battery charges you get from eBay, and use the fairly leaniant regulator from that to do it, else you'll overload your phone and it'll end in tears.

EE, works bitches!

footprince
Loyal
Loyal

Postby footprince » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Especially in the flinders ranges in SA, there's a huge TV tower on a mountain, takes ages to get there, and the compound is all fenced off. I managed to source an engineers blueprint of an abandoned railway facility too, I might take a picture, shows all the tunnels underneath.

illicitBits
Small Maggot
Small Maggot

Postby illicitBits » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:31 pm

footprince wrote:Especially in the flinders ranges in SA, there's a huge TV tower on a mountain, takes ages to get there, and the compound is all fenced off. I managed to source an engineers blueprint of an abandoned railway facility too, I might take a picture, shows all the tunnels underneath.

Are they the Jubilee railway tunnels heading up through the Adelaide hills?

footprince
Loyal
Loyal

Postby footprince » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:21 am

Negatory, think one of the only places all rail gauges come together...

Return to “General Discussion”