Read this, ausphreakers

Talk about everything NOT related to Phreaking or the bellow categories
Forum rules
landau
Big Maggot
Big Maggot

Read this, ausphreakers

Postby landau » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 am

I've been here little more than two weeks, and I hope always, whenever I'm involved in a new community to contribute in the best ways I can. I create this post with full knowledge that it may be a little bit too forward, but seeing the ausphreak community die several times and also witnessing it at it's best, I really hope that in some way I can experience and assimilate some of my knowledge of the best of ausphreak and all communities I've been engaged in. I really want to discuss some of my thoughts with someone, and unlike the previous ausphreak communities this one doesn't seem to burgeon content, challenge or population, unlike the old ones did.

I could expand a lot further, but I'm hoping that I can just leave this short note of IRC this morning to reflect on.

In no way am I being schadenfreude and I am sure this will be perceived with vindication from someone but I will likely not continue here really, if there isn't something livelier to continue with, instead of that, though, I want to spend the next months watching Ausphreak develop, contributing in any way I can, with ideas, or content, or help, or hosting, or finance.

What made the previous ausphreak communities so lively was that it was a collaboration, I could even say that it helped that there was some sense of criticism about who and what was engaged with the group and not all of the people who joined could particularly come so closely, people who contributed were praised, people with ideas were praised, people who were accustomed were praised little less, people who were new could be nurtured as long as they had a willingness to learn and didn't interfere with the sites function, people who were members would speak about new and interesting topics. It was a place to learn and to collaborate, the chatter was primary in the sense of community and secondary in the sense of content ( though it did change over the years as recruits died, and eventually ostracised newcomers, because everyone had become more advanced really, and there was no room for newcomers ).

None the less, of course I will continue to help out with any issues that really set back the community. I'm amazed that some of the old school crew have hosted their servers for seven or eight years, some even longer. Anyone who has anything to upload to phreakfiles, I'm managing phreakfiles.net and I'll be uploading some little miscellania to make it slightly more interesting. I'll continue to host it and provide access to the community as long as this ausphreak is around.

Snakey

Re: Read this, ausphreakers

Postby Snakey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 am

#ausphreakforlife

Timon

Postby Timon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm

We are always welcome to take money from anyone willing to offer it, thanks heaps!

Freak
Donater
Donater

Postby Freak » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:12 pm

put up a donation button timon :P

Return to “General Discussion”