Zero-Fear
Loyal
Loyal

Mobile Phone Tower Information

Postby Zero-Fear » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi guys,

ok we got a couple of website here

http://cellsite.nudge.id.au/
this one hasn't been updated since 2008 but you can still pull information about towers in your area.
http://maps.spench.net
this one is up to date and very good.
Have fun ladies
Zero-Fear

Timon

Re: Mobile Phone Tower Information

Postby Timon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:48 pm

lol! it says there is no towers where i live :P when really there is a total of 2!
Telstra and optus heh

Nick
Respected
Respected

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:46 am

*cough*
http://www.rfnsa.com.au/ - What's broadcasting from where
http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/regis ... .main_page - Who owns what and where do they own it to.

It's what all the others are based from.
Protip: If you know how to program your radios like a boss, you could look up on ACMA the frequencies used by say a TV crew, or the staff at the statdium you're going to, and you will be on their "private" channel.

For example, staff at the library in the city I'm in are able to Page over the speakers throughout the whole library from their radios - It's incase of emergency, but ACMA lookup reveals the frequency, the name of the channel and who owns it, it even says "Paging"...

*Don't try any of this etc.

Timon

Postby Timon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:31 pm

we once took over a small radio stations link freq, it was only a 800mhz freq from the studio to the main transmitter (which is the one normal people receive on there normal fm radios/carradios etc etc) ROFLMAO
and we went to the transmitter with a 800mhz portable and got over there link freq :P and listened to ourselfs blabbering shit over the normal fm car radio LOL! fun times, acma database is the best

Zero-Fear
Loyal
Loyal

Postby Zero-Fear » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am

[cough]
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.0.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server Server at www.aca.gov.au Port 7735
Zero-Fear

Nick
Respected
Respected

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Facepalm ACMA. I wonder if that's a defense - I was TXing on that channel but I tried to look it up and was unable to see if it was ISM?

@Timon I've got a wireless Mic that hooks into them, you can build FM transmitters incredibly easily, and quite high powered too, Pirate Radio could make a comeback!

Timon

Postby Timon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 am

hehehe, yeah but.. taking over a link to a real radio station is pretty big! LOL
was always tempted to try to take over the link from those news choppers the one in sydney uses a trunking network for those traffic reports hehe, never did though

Nick
Respected
Respected

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 pm

I'd be curious to look them up and see if they are using a non-standard frequency, if they're on a public frequency, it'd be fair game to go for it I'd say, though I'd be supprised if they weren't just using their iPhones...

Timon

Postby Timon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 am

like i said the chopper they use in sydney uses a trunking network, all commercial freqs obviously back tot he studio before it gets re-broadcasted 2 secs later

Return to “Everything Mobile”