60 points of id

Everything Mobile Phone Related.
Forum rules
conscript

60 points of id

Postby conscript » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm not in oz but am getting a lebara sim card.
I need one of the requirements for the 60 points of id, can any of you provide this for me, i'll pay a reasonable price in btc or some trade?

Timon

Re: 60 points of id

Postby Timon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:58 pm

How much will you pay?
and, do you already have the sim card and need the ID to register the sim, or do you need it to actually buy the sim? either way... Your new student I.D is 1234567891, $50 please.

conscript

Postby conscript » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:23 pm

For moderator sarcasm I won't pay anything.
I'm getting it off of ebay, I just need the info for registering the sim card and activating it.
$50 is a joke, if you're really serious send me a private message.

Timon

Postby Timon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:57 pm

woo, harsh! I might be a little sarcastic but there was some truth in my post as well.
Most prepaid simcards and other sims you can get over the counter or off of ebay can be registered online
with very simply fake numbers.. a student number, medicare number, driver licence number etc can all be randomly made up on the registration form.. i have registered many simcards online with random numbers.. and i am not charging you anything for this advice. Give it a go and let us know how you go.

Side note, remember what details you do use, incase you ever need to ring up for support / recharge etc, anything involving having to talk to the company you got the sim from, they will often ask! record name, DOB, id used etc. enjoy!

conscript

Postby conscript » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:42 pm

well I found out lebara won't roam, so that's out.
i've narrowed it down to optus, telstra, amaysim, or vodaphone.

optus:
To activate your SIM, you'll need some ID. Any one of the following will get you going:
Medicare Card
Australian Driver's Licence
Australian Passport
Foreign Passport holding a valid Australian Visa (affixed visa label or electronic visa)
If you have an Optus My Account profile, log in here and we will check if your service is eligible to confirm your identification.

amaysim:
If you bought your amaysim SIM from a retail store or through The Mobile Shop you'll need the following info to activate:
Your amaysim SIM Pack
Your personal details (i.e. name, residential address)
Credit/debit card or bank account details for direct debit, and
An unlocked mobile, tablet or mobile broadband device.

vodaphone:
A valid form of ID
For example: an Australian drivers licence, passport or Medicare card

telstra:
A valid form of ID
Australian Driver's Licence or Learner's Permit
Medicare card
Australian passport
International passport with valid Australian visa
ID image
If you're registered for My Account and receive a Telstra bill, you won't need an ID check to activate your Pre-Paid service. Otherwise, you'll need a form of ID that can be checked against a government database. Find out more. If you don't have any of the above IDs, see more options on how to activate.

so which carrier is easiest to activate with made up info?

Timon

Postby Timon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Personally, i have used Virgin, Optus and Telstra... all with made up info, they have all worked.
Telstra is one of the main Carriers in Australia so i would say to avoid them, Optus and Virgin (virgin uses the optus network anyway) both have pretty good coverage.. i live in Rural Australia and optus/virgin works fine here but there is no Vodaphone towers anywhere nearby.

I have always found Virgin to be the easiest, optus should be about the same, i hope this helps!

stevetaylor

Postby stevetaylor » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Last edited by stevetaylor on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

tron
Newb
Newb

Postby tron » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Anyone try activating a Lyca sim?

stevetaylor

Postby stevetaylor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Return to “Everything Mobile”