Illegal mobile phone and GPS jammer crackdown by regulator y

Everything Mobile Phone Related.
Forum rules
knuckles
Respected
Respected

Illegal mobile phone and GPS jammer crackdown by regulator y

Postby knuckles » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Australia's communications regulator has destroyed nearly 100 illegal signal jammers that stop mobile phone and GPS devices from working correctly after seizing them in the mail.

The jammers were found in intercepted international mail parcels between November 2011 and mid June 2012 after an Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) crackdown.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/illegal-mobile-phone-and-gps-jammer-crackdown-by-regulator-yields-results-20130717-2q2oo.html

Timon

Re: Illegal mobile phone and GPS jammer crackdown by regulat

Postby Timon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Oh wow, i knew i should of bought some of that gear when i had the chance, there always been sold on the net cheaply.

landau
Big Maggot
Big Maggot

Postby landau » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:55 am

Timon wrote:Oh wow, i knew i should of bought some of that gear when i had the chance, there always been sold on the net cheaply.

yeah far easier than making them, and they're not particularly hard to modify either. I didn't even realise they were banned. I know where you can get them. I'd order one anyway.

illicitBits
Small Maggot
Small Maggot

Postby illicitBits » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:02 pm

landau wrote:
Timon wrote:Oh wow, i knew i should of bought some of that gear when i had the chance, there always been sold on the net cheaply.

yeah far easier than making them, and they're not particularly hard to modify either. I didn't even realise they were banned. I know where you can get them. I'd order one anyway.

Yeah taken from the ACMA:
4. Are jammers illegal?
Yes.The use, possession and operation of these devices are prohibited. An individual can be imprisoned for up to two years if found guilty of supplying, possessing or operating a prohibited device and organisations can be fined up to $165,000 (1,500 penalty units).Further, an individual can be imprisoned for up to five years if found guilty of causing interference likely to endanger the safety of another person or cause another person to suffer or incur substantial loss or damage, and organisations can be fined $550,000 (5,000 penalty units).

landau
Big Maggot
Big Maggot

Postby landau » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 pm

I had no idea.

blu_engie
Maggot
Maggot

Postby blu_engie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 am

so the 4 that i got in from ali express last week are a bad thing then right?

Nick
Respected
Respected

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Link? Do want.

Return to “Everything Mobile”