Internet, Two-Way Radio Communications, WIFI, 3G, etc
Forum rules
Freak
Donater
Donater

Arduino

Postby Freak » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello Hello

So someone showed up on irc the other day and he was talking about automation for his house and other things.
Anyway ive always been interested in this subject and looking at ebay i think im abit late HOWEVER this shit seems like a whole lot of fun.

Ok, if you dont know what Arduino is:

Arduino is a tool for making computers that can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer. It's an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board, and a development environment for writing software for the board.
Arduino can be used to develop interactive objects, taking inputs from a variety of switches or sensors, and controlling a variety of lights, motors, and other physical outputs. Arduino projects can be stand-alone, or they can communicate with software running on your computer (e.g. Flash, Processing, MaxMSP.) The boards can be assembled by hand or purchased preassembled; the open-source IDE can be downloaded for free.
The Arduino programming language is an implementation of Wiring, a similar physical computing platform, which is based on the Processing multimedia programming environment.

So i purchased one off this guy off ebay and it arrived a couple of days later in a nice box. (make an offer $5 bellow what he is asking)

So i did electronics at school and i kinda of got the jist of things and would be cool if someone here would like to muck around in projects and exchange info? Maybe we could make a robot of doom :P

Anyway i've attached some pix and some links bellow.

http://arduino.cc/
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171080038836?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(15.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
004.JPG
003.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG

Return to “Other Communications/Technology”