Raspberry PI to PBX project

Internet, Two-Way Radio Communications, WIFI, 3G, etc
sgx

Raspberry PI to PBX project

Post by sgx » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Firstly let may say its good to be back on Ausphreak its been a while.
Secondly what I am posting about is a project that I am taking on at the moment

to get to the gist of it I have just purchased a raspberry pi for those of you who don't know what one is check out http://www.raspberrypi.org and if you dont know what it is what rock are you living under.

It was around this time last year that I missed out on the first wave of buying one and within a day of it coming onto the market the server for the site crashed with so many people trying to buy one and find out what it is. since its been a year since it came out alot of cool applications and developments have come along from detected users of the Pi.What I am trying to do and what others have achieved is turning this cheap device into a pbx using Asterisk -http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org - should be fun ill keep you guys posted in this thread with vids and screenshots of my developments as they come along and if you remember me from the old days send me a pm.

-sgx

Shyft
Newb
Newb

Re: Raspberry PI to PBX project

Post by Shyft » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 am

Nice one, I've thought about doing this too and would love to hear how it goes.

Nick
Respected
Respected

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 pm

I've done it, doesn't handle enterprise well and they get grumpy when you''ve charged them a few grand for a VoIP server and you're using a $33 ARM board...

Anyway.

If anyone has any Asterisk questions let me know, I know a fair ammount...

sgx

Post by sgx » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:29 am

Finally after weeks of waiting the Rasberry PI finally came in the mail , was impressed at how small it was I new it was about the size of a credit card but it sort of takes you back at the size of it when you see it in real life. just went to the Raspberry PI home page and a "Raspberry GSM Gateway" project came up here is the link http://blog.carrier-connect.com/ I think after playing around and setting up the pbx this might just be the next project in the pipe line. ill keep you posted

- sgx

sgx

Post by sgx » Sat May 17, 2014 2:23 pm

I have finally completed my Raspberry pi home PBX(RASPBX). Took me a solid day to get things sorted and had to order a few parts from overseas.

I used a Raspberry PI model B that is running Asterisk and FreePBX.
I had to buy from amazon.com a OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter that connects to my POTS(plain old telephone service) *note if you buy this when you set yours up make sure you get a USA to Australia power adapter* the OBi110 is TRUNKED to my RASPBX and then all incoming and out bound calls are made via 2 extension lines. My extensions run on an iPad using the soft phone app 3CX and on my Macbook pro I am running an application called Telephone.
When a call is made to my landline all the devices on my network running soft phones via the extensions then ring. I also have a voice mail box set up on the extension lines that when a message is left it sends the recorded message to my e-mail inbox.

Here is a photo of my set up *note the Telecom Touchfone 200R
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 2.17.14 pm.png

Nick
Respected
Respected

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Very nice, I recomend the Sipura ATAs (now Linksys/Cisco), they make them as FXO & FXS, and go for around $20 on eBay.

Dommy

Post by Dommy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Awesome work! I've too looked into this. I've got a pi running Openelec XBMC at the moment, and have a spare one laying around. I might have to have a crack at this.

Here's a good getting started guide:
http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/documentation/