Youtube Are Retards

Internet, Two-Way Radio Communications, WIFI, 3G, etc
Forum rules
Zero-Fear
Loyal
Loyal

Youtube Are Retards

Postby Zero-Fear » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:38 am

Yeah google are so smart that some dipshit with the domain *.copyright-notice.com is submitting copywrite infringement notices to youtube and youtube are removing the videos.

This just happened to me, I got 1 strike on my account. The way I found out was I had a look who submitted it via the Counter-notification section in youtube.

When you go to the Counter-notification section it gives you this notice:

"To submit a copyright counter-notification, you must be certain that you have the legal right to post the video to YouTube.
By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to disclosing the information provided below, including your name, address and phone number, to the claimant.
A counter-notification is a legal notification to YouTube that the claimant has made a mistake or misidentified your content. To prevent your content from being reinstated to YouTube, the claimant must sue you. If you are not prepared to face the claimant in court, you should not proceed with a counter-notification. If there is any part of this process that is unclear to you, please consult a lawyer"

Pretty full on. Anyway his email address Is in there and name
"[email protected]"

I sent an email to him and it bounced back:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at u15366585.onlinehome-server.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
Mail quota exceeded.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message."

wait..what the fuck? onlinehome-server.com ? yeah that seems legit. Ends up being some ISP for home users haha ok yeah well case closed.

I chose to submit the infringement counter notification. Told google to be smarter than that fuck.
Zero-Fear

Nick
Respected
Respected

Re: Youtube Are Retards

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm

It's a hard situation, they have to rely on trust becuase otherwise the big copywrite owners, with their dicks inside America's arse will have the laws changed and make them responsible...

landau
Big Maggot
Big Maggot

Postby landau » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I didn't know that was how the system worked. I don't use youtube at all. they might not even be prepared for a spoof

Kimmontara

Postby Kimmontara » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:03 pm

It is very good. I have read about this thing and feel that it is very useful.

Return to “Other Communications/Technology”